When you talk to staff members at Superb, a few facts consistently emerge. One, many people have been part of the company for years. Two, people have moved to Superb's multiple office and data center locations from all over the world, quite literally. And three, they find, to their delight, that the job description actually matches the job they get.
Over and over again you will hear, "I came because I wanted a better opportunity to do what I do best, and now I've found it." "I read the job description and thought, that sounds just like me!" Whether they learn of the open positions through Craig's list, university e-mails, or word-of-mouth, new staff comment on the fast and efficient interviewing and hiring process.
People care about each other. They come to share each other's triumphs as well as disappointments. Everyone's birthday is an opportunity for celebration, and there are plenty of special occasions to add extra levity as the weeks progress!
We are currently looking for an experienced Systems Engineer who has experience managing services in the web hosting industry along with an understanding of the future technologies that will be required to remain competitive in the industry.
The Systems Engineer must be an excellent communicator, an effective team leader & player, have the ability to multi-task, possess excellent client interaction skills, be detail oriented, assertive, an excellent and tenacious problem solver and have the ability to excel with minimal supervision.
The Systems Engineer will be involved in the architecture, implementation, and support of both shared and dedicated hosting services including web, email, DNS, monitoring, and others.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing services in the web hosting industry along with an understanding of the future technologies that will be required to remain competitive in the industry.Requirements:
- 3+ years experience with Linux, FreeBSD;
- 3+ years in large shared production environments;
- Solid experience and strong ability to work with x86-based server hardware;
- Experience administering and optimizing mySQL and MS SQL Database servers;
- Expertise with Apache setup and configuration with PHP, performance tuning and log file management;
- Solid Perl, Python,and/or Bash shell scripting ability;
- Experience with using virtualization in a production environment (Xen, KVM);
- Experience building highly available web hosting architectures including data replication and failover;
- Direct experience with high volume, highly available email architectures (including Sendmail, Qmail, Exim, Postfix, Dovecot, SpamAssassin);
- Ability to travel (25% travel to USA mainland per year);
- Additional desired skills: Windows Server, Solaris/ZFS, Load Balancers, DNS, LDAP, IDS, VPS, Cloud Orchestration, InfiniBand, server monitoring (Nagios, Zabbix), server configuration automation (Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
The Company offers numerous career advancement and professional growth paths and options available, with competitive wages, a strong performance-based bonus system, and other items such as strong company contributions to its staff 401(k) plan. Initiative and outstanding contribution are encouraged and rewarded.
To apply, forward a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com.
Due to the number of applications received, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
We are currently seeking a PHP Developer that will play an important role in maintaining current applications and developing exciting new applications to grow our business.
- Collaborate and work with a team of 3-4 developers and 1-2 systems administrators;
- Design and maintain the internal systems and hardware required for the in-house development team;
- Full stack development, from database development to JS/CSS frontend.
- Collaborate with the team leaders, other discipline managers, vendors, contractors and clients to make sure development activity is meeting company objectives;
- Lead projects, do design, architecture, implementation, and support of both shared and dedicated hosting services like web, email, DNS, and monitoring.
- Build new services for hosting automation, clustering, and other solutions as well as enhancements to existing, legacy applications with minimal supervision;
- Test, QA, and release coordination of company-wide builds affecting thousands of customers;
Skills / Qualifications:
- Outstanding PHP and MySQL programming skills are a must;
- Comfortable in at least two lower level languages (C, C++, Java, Assembly, etc).
- at least two scripting languages other than PHP (Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl, etc)
- Experience with Front End development (jQuery, Backbone.js, HTML, JSON, XML, HTML5 a plus)
- Familiarity with database development (query optimizing, indexing, schema optimization, sharding, partitioning, replication, etc).
- Extra points for NoSQL DB experience (MongoDB, Riak, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc).
- Proven experience in a fast-paced, team-development environment is critical; Agile development experience preferred.
- Additional expertise with non-common technologies a big plus;
- Considerable real-world experience working within a LAMP development environment;
- Commitment to good development practices and methodologies.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and technical expertise. You will be someone who has a computer science background or considerable industry experience. You are expected to be independent, an effective team player, have the ability to multi-task, possess excellent client interaction skills, be detail oriented, assertive, and a tenacious problem solver.
This is a full time position with full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), sec. 125, sec. 132).
To apply, forward a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are actively seeking an experienced, energetic and results-driven Marketing Manager to work as a part of our marketing team, at our corporate headquarters in Honolulu, Hawaii. A significant and rapid path of career advancement is available (results and demonstrated achievement, contribution based).
- Design and execute production and publication of marketing collaterals (e.g.: websites, presentations, various online advertising, press releases, and brochures).
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives, costs, sales projections, competitive positioning within the market and customer satisfaction.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing plans and strategies to promote products and services and enhance brand awareness.
- Support, train, supervise and perform performance evaluations of select marketing staff and oversee their daily activities. Directly responsible for subordinate performance and productivity.
- Actively manage our extensive line-up of products and services, researching and setting competitive features, pricing, and develop effective marketing strategies.
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, and services, analyzing business developments, costs, and monitoring market trends.
- Manage the SEO campaigns, including inbound link management, PPC (such as AdWords) and various other website ad management.
- Manage all Social Media presence, growing corporate presence and visibility across a wide range of social media platforms and continually improving the engagement of customers and prospects.
- Grow and manage the engagement of customers as advocates (customers as an online/social media marketing resource), including customer communication, program and incentive design and operation, and ensuring complete buy-in from all staff across all departments and locations (acting as the first line of customer advocate recruitment).
- Manage (including frequent updates to ensure continued market lead and communication with, and engagement of, clients) the Reseller and Affiliate programs, and design and implement effective marketing and direct outreach strategies to bring new Resellers and Affiliates aboard.
- Build and maintain relationships with strategic industry partners and vendors.
- Manage all marketing and related vendors and vendor relationships.
- Manage advertisement posts on various Forums.
- Analyze and optimize website for optimal conversion rate.
- Assist with sales calls and chats when required.
- Other duties as directed and needed; this position is continually evolving and growing
Skills / Qualifications:
Must be a leader and be able to perform each essential duty exceptionally. Namely,
- Extensive online PPC, SEO and Social Media marketing experience required.
- In-Depth knowledge of, and proven results delivered in, the field of Internet Marketing (PPC, SEO, online advertising and Social Media).
- Thorough understanding of the dedicated and cloud hosting industry required. Prior experience in the hosting industry strongly desired (as a minimum, prior experience in a closely parallel industry required).
- Strong initiative and proven leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent marketing material and documentation original writing (authorship).
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Must be results, numbers and stats driven, with exceptional online stats design, gathering, analysis and correlation skills.
- Able to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
- Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- Able to work under pressure, with limited budget, independently and hands-on in multiple project environments.
- Exceptional ability to inspire and lead others by example.
- Able to meet marketing targets and tight deadlines.
- A “can do” attitude: never quitting or leaving until the tasks at hand are done; always putting due dates and business needs first.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, demanding, results-oriented environment.
- Must be able to live and work in Oahu, Hawaii.
Education / Experience:
Degree holder of Marketing or IT related discipline(s) with strong knowledge of web hosting industry; a minimum fours years hosting or closely related experience required...
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, salary expectation to email@example.com.
Reasons to Work at Superb
- "Fast promotions."
- "Great working conditions."
- "Top-of-the-line equipment."
- "Non-stop training and support."
- "Super energy and positive teamwork."
- "Lots of fun!"
Positions are available at our Network Operations Centers in Seattle, Washington, McLean, Virginia, and Springfield, Virginia as well as our corporate headquarters in Honolulu, Hawaii.