When you talk to staff members at Superb, a few facts consistently emerge. One, many people have been part of the company for years. Two, people have moved to Superb's multiple office and data center locations from all over the world, quite literally. And three, they find, to their delight, that the job description actually matches the job they get.
Over and over again you will hear, "I came because I wanted a better opportunity to do what I do best, and now I've found it." "I read the job description and thought, that sounds just like me!" Whether they learn of the open positions through Craig's list, university e-mails, or word-of-mouth, new staff comment on the fast and efficient interviewing and hiring process.
People care about each other. They come to share each other's triumphs as well as disappointments. Everyone's birthday is an opportunity for celebration, and there are plenty of special occasions to add extra levity as the weeks progress!
AVAILABLE POSITIONSAbout Us
Superb Internet Technologies Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2013 registered & certified, SSAE16 audited corporation with 100% private ownership and stable financials among web hosting industry since 1996. As a rapidly expanding, financially viable web hosting company, we are seeking new talent to join our team in paradise.
We are currently looking for an experienced Software Developer with back-end focus.
This is a full-time position with employee benefits. The Software Developer will be required to work on-site and hands-on in our corporate office in Honolulu, Hawaii. Applicant must be authorized to work in USA legally and be able to relocate to Honolulu, Hawaii at the applicant’s expense. Remote work arrangement will not be considered at this time.About the Position:
The Software Developer will play an important role in maintaining current applications and developing exciting new applications to grow our business. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and technical expertise. You will be someone who has a computer science background or considerable industry experience. You are expected to be independent, an effective team player, have the ability to multi-task, possess excellent client interaction skills, be detail oriented, assertive, and a tenacious problem solver.
- Collaborate and work with a team of 2-3 developers and 1-2 systems administrators;
- Build new services for hosting automation, clustering, and other solutions as well as enhancements to existing, legacy applications with minimal supervision;
- Test, QA, and release coordination of company-wide builds affecting all stakeholders;
- Collaborate with the team leaders, other discipline Managers, vendors, contractors and clients to make sure development activity is meeting company objectives;
- Design and maintain the internal systems and hardware required for the in-house development team;
- Lead projects, do design, architecture, implementation, and support of both shared and dedicated hosting services like web, email, DNS, and monitoring.
- Proven experience in a fast-paced, team-development environment is critical;
- Outstanding PHP and MySQL programming skills are a must;
- Familiarity with MySQL administration. E.g. query caching, indexing, partitioning, slow query analysis, etc. and some knowledge of caching services (Memcached, Redis, etc.);
- Experience with REST API development and securing HTTP services;
- Experience with Linux server management;
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Python, Bash, or Perl);
- Comfortable in at least two lower-level languages (C++, C, Java, etc);
- Considerable real-world experience working within a LAMP development environment;
- Commitment to good development practices and methodologies.
The Company offers numerous career advancement and professional growth paths and options available, with competitive wages, a strong performance-based bonus system, and other items such as strong company contributions to its staff 401(k) plan. Initiative and outstanding contribution are encouraged and rewarded.To Apply:
Please forward a cover letter, complete resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons to Work at Superb
- "Fast promotions."
- "Great working conditions."
- "Top-of-the-line equipment."
- "Non-stop training and support."
- "Super energy and positive teamwork."
- "Lots of fun!"
Positions are available at our Network Operations Centers in Seattle, Washington, McLean, Virginia, and Springfield, Virginia as well as our corporate headquarters in Honolulu, Hawaii.