Web Hosting Pioneer, Superb Internet, Celebrates 10th Anniversary
Vancouver, BC - July 27, 2006
Imagine being one of the world.s first ever web hosting companies. Imagine the guts it took to offer a product that was years ahead of it.s time. Then imagine keeping that company thriving after the devastation of the dotcom boom and bust cycle. If you can imagine that, then you can begin to appreciate the achievements of Superb Internet Corp.
Superb Internet Corp was founded in 1996 by Haralds Jass, who had the vision to create a web hosting company built on service . before anyone called it .web hosting. yet. The company is now celebrating its 10th Anniversary in a business that is as competitive as it gets.
Among its many achievements over the past 10 years, Superb was the very first hosting company to introduce private server technologies, in a partnership with hosting automation company, Ensim. As a pioneer in both the shared dedicated hosting marketplace, Superb was among the first companies to introduce high-bandwidth affordable self-managed dedicated servers.
Superb is structured into four operating divisions providing a wide range of services, each targeted to a specific market segment:
SuperbRegistrar.net - Affordable domain name registration and management services. SuperbHosting.net - Value-priced shared hosting that is powerful, feature-rich, and able to grow with the customer. SuperbServers.net - A leading self-managed dedicated server solution. SuperbEnterprise.net - Personal, white glove service for clients requiring custom or complex Enterprise level solutions for mission critical operations.
Superb Internet Corp is also backing up these brands with its recently reorganized 100% in-house customer service and technical support. The new support structure enables industry-leading metrics . including initial and follow-up ticket response time goals of under 30 minutes, with a 1 hour maximum. The target MTR (mean time to resolution) is a mere 2 hours, with 4 hours maximum, for 80%+ of all tickets. Additionally, for all dedicated clients, support is now provided by a technician onsite at the same physical location as their server. This results in near instant diagnosis and resolution to any hardware or other physical issues.
To celebrate its 10th year in business Superb is offering multiple special offers including $30 per month off specific self-managed servers, with an additional 3 free months after one year and an additional 1 year free after 2 years.
The special offers are the first of many planned in Superb.s Customer Loyalty Program, which generously rewards the longevity of customer accounts. Superb is also expressing appreciation to all existing clients, by giving each and every client a gift to thank them for their business over the years. This action is unprecedented in the web hosting industry.
Susan Gillard, Director of Sales and Marketing for Superb commented on the 10th year milestone, "We became a world-class web hosting company by persistently focusing on our customers needs over the past 10 years. As we have grown, our customers continued to receive the personal attention and care associated with small companies. We look forward to our next 10 years, and with the help of our top-notch staff - we will continue to deliver industry leading customer service and solidify our commitment to exceed our client's high expectations."
From the beginning...
- Superb Internet Corporation founded, using exclusively Sun SPARC servers, based out of a Maryland data centre facility
- Superb is first to offer name-based virtual hosting
- In 12 months, the number of Internet host computers goes from 1 million to 10 million
- Average cost for a gallon of gas, $1.22
- Superb is first to offer unlimited site, third-level domain wildcard (*) hosting
- Superb offers PC servers in addition to Sun SPARC servers
- Microsoft buys small stake in Apple Computer for $150,000,000
- Dolly the sheep becomes the first mammal clone
- The ideal American family, 'The Simpsons' becomes the longest-running primetime animated series
- Superb introduces low-cost Cobalt RaQ servers
- Founding charter member, together with other largest and most reputable hosting companies of the day, of the Web Host Guild, an industry best-practices and customer-advocacy organization - the first of its kind in the industry
- Google is founded & launches revolutionary search engine technology
- Windows '98 released
- Apple Computer unveils the iMac computer, in many colors
- Final Seinfeld episode airs in May. Loyal viewers become more aware of good samaritan laws
- Y2K theories create widespread panic, which turns out to be all for nothing. The world still turns, just with a two and three zeros
- Companies spend over $1,000,000,000 in online advertising; spending more online than TV, radio or print budgets
- Superb's first data centre, DCA1 in Georgetown, Washington, DC opened; all operations moved from third party data centre in Maryland to DCA1 in DC
- 24x7x365 phone support introduced
- Major network upgrade to OC-12 SONET ring in the DC-VA-MD metropolitan area
- badinvestment.com - The .com industry crashes
- Millions of people stop trying to set the clock on their VCRs as DVD players become more affordable
- Superb and its CEO awarded in Web Hosting Magazine's Best of 2000 awards in its January, 2001 issue: Most Conscientious Citizen (Haralds Jass) and Best Host for Resellers (Superb Internet)
- Industry's first Virtual Private Server (VPS) service introduced, known as the Superb Power Servers (SPS)
- Superb Internet awarded the Best Host award in Shared category at the reputable Web Hosting Expo, the industry's largest yearly event
- Superb CEO delivers address on customer surveys and customer care at Web Hosting Expo
- They've got worms! The code red (WORM) virus attacks 250,000 websites on Microsoft IIS web server
- Accessible knowledge becomes a collective effort; Wikipedia launches its open-source encyclopedia site, informing millions and mis-informing a few along the way
- Thousands of children skip school to see the first Harry Potter movie
- Apple releases the iPod, changing the music business forever
- Microsoft releases Windows XP, the last properly functioning version of the Windows operating system
- Superb CEO awarded "Man of Action" Award by the Web Hosting Magazine, the industry's largest and most reputable magazine
- According to the Web Host Magazine Superb Internet's determination to rely on a rock solid, long-term business plan and a serious commitment to our customers has helped us to successfully "Survive The Hosting Glut"
- Our second data center(DCA2), was opened in Tyson's Corner, McLean, Virginia
- Low-cost SuperbServers.net launched
- The Mars Odyssey finds signs of water on the planet
- Our coast-to-coast IP backbone born: network extended to Chicago and California
- Launched the new interactive ordering system, where customers can custom-build and order online their Linux, FreeBSD & Windows managed dedicated server - one of the first in the industry
- We are selected as the #1 Shared Web Hosting Provider and the Best Performing Company in the Web Host Directory
- CoveSoft customer base and servers acquired, moved from its Maryland facility to our DCA2 data centre in McLean, VA
- SEA2, our third data centre, in Seattle, WA opened
- DCA1 data centre consolidated into DCA2 data centre
- DCA3, our fourth data centre, in Springfield, VA opened
- In order to accommodate our continued growth and need for top talent, headquarters office moved from Vancouver, BC to Honolulu, HI
- Introduced GridIron, a one-of-a-kind fully redundant and infinitely scalable grid-computing-based shared hosting platform, the result of 100s of man years of development
- Massive access layer Cisco network upgrade performed at all three data centres (all access switches replaced, increasing throughput capacity for customers many fold)
- Network FWSM service, at the distribution layer, introduced at all data centres, thus enabling every customer to easily enable network firewall & DDoS protection service on the fly
- Major core Cisco network upgrade performed, across all data centers and PoPs (all core routers replaced), in order to upgrade each router to 200-320Gb/s throughput capacity
- IPv6 introduced at the Cisco network core layer
- Seattle area (SEA1, SEA2) network capacity upgrade: network capacity increased 10-fold
- Superb Internet corporation named: best dedicated server company
- Superb Internet Dedicated Servers get Unlimited Traffic with Increased RAM
- Hosting Company Cyber Monday: 99% Off Web Hosting
- Dedicated Server Company Releases Largest Black Friday Hosting Deal to Date
- Dedicated Server Company Superb Internet Announces Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale
- Superb Internet Launches Exclusive SEO Hosting Services
- Superb Internet Launching New Xeon E5-2600 Series Servers
- Superb Internet partners with e-online data to deliver a Turnkey Reseller Hosting Solution that is 100% white label
- Seattle area (SEA1, SEA2) network capacity upgrade: network capacity increased 10-fold
- Superb Internet Celebrates 16th Anniversary with Gift Card Promotion
- Superb Internet and OnApp Launch Turn-Key CloudPOD Service
- Superb Internet Offers New IaaS Business Strategy
- Superb Internet Awarded GSA Schedule 70 Contract
- Superb Internet Achieves ISO 27001:2013 & ISO 9001:2008 Certifications
- Superb Internet Corp. awarded as first Cloud Service Provider to sell Cloud Computing Services to all level of government agencies.
- Superb Internet improves their already industry-leading Service Level Agreement (SLA), guaranteeing 100% marks in many aspects.
- Superb Internet launches their 2nd-gen massively-scalable cloud solution, ThunderCloud
- Superb Internet Celebrates 22nd Anniversary