HONOLULU, HI – November 27, 2014
Superb Internet and OnApp Launch Turn-Key CloudPOD Service to Accelerate Cloud Services Provisioning
Superb’s new OnApp CloudPOD packages deliver out-of-the-box highly scalable IaaS cloud services, backed by its coast-to-coast IP backbone and data centers.
Superb Internet is pleased to announce that, in partnership with OnApp, any web host or organization can now easily and quickly build their own Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud. Utilizing the unique CloudPOD technologies from OnApp, Superb Internet and SuperMicro is the perfect combination of simple yet powerful management, and, exclusive to Superb Internet, with cost-effective InfiniBand network performance that is 40x faster than Gigabit Ethernet,and offers many fold lower latency than Ethernet, for truly unsurpassed performance.
Traditionally for a service provide to develop their own cloud platform, particularly one that is geographically distributed, would be extremely complex, time consuming and costly. Building out the right combination of hardware, infrastructure, connectivity and cloud software; not to mention finding the right data centers and network to partner with, was, to say the least, daunting, if not impossible, for many providers.
According to Superb Internet’s SVP of Marketing, Curtis R. Curtis, “Now thanks to the sophisticated CloudPOD offering from Superb Internet, that combines the unique OnApp cloud platform with Superb’s powerful IaaS infrastructure, worldwide exclusive rights to the cutting edge 10 Gigabit Ethernet surpassing InfiniBand technology, and industry-leading high availability coast-to-coast IP backbone, service provides can significantly accelerate their delivery of cloud services, no longer losing out to other larger providers that were able to build their own cloud services.”
Superb’s OnApp CloudPOD IaaS service offers service providers with such benefits as a fast , proven way to bring cloud hosting to their customers, beat their competitors using obsolete and costly centralized storage technology thanks to OnApp’s highly efficient distributed storage running on Superb’s exclusive InfiniBand network which greatly outperforms 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and to be live and selling services with pay-as-you-go or plan-based billing in as little as three days. The Superb CloudPOD service is backed by the very best high availability SLA in the industry, where the 100% uptime and zero packet loss is not only guaranteed, but actually delivered. Even the most demanding enterprise and government client base will have all of its compliance needs met due to Superb’s comprehensive certifications, compliances and audits, which include not only SSAE-16 (SOC-1), PCI-DSS and ITIL, but also the most sought-after International certifications: ISO 27001:2013 (Information Security Management) & ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management). Best of all, Superb’s unique lease-to-own model, as opposed to the typical “rent forever” model practiced by the competition, saves its customers up to 80% per month starting in their second year, as its lease-to-own customers only pay the colocation fees second year and on, when they own the hardware leased.
"For cloud service providers who don't want to build, host and run their own platform, the Superb Internet CloudPOD packages are a great way to get to market fast," said Kosten Metreweli, OnApp's Chief Commercial Officer. "By combining InfiniBand networking technology with OnApp's Integrated Storage, the Superb CloudPOD strikes the right balance between ultra high performance storage and affordability - and with a lease-to-own hardware model, provides even more flexibility for cloud providers on the infrastructure side."
Now in just a matter of days a service provider can beat its competitors in cloud performance and resilience, utilizing OnApp Storage for modern single-point-of-failure-free and cost efficient distributed storage running on the superior 40 Gb/s InfiniBand technology, while delivering superior performance to competitors’ centralized storage/SAN (yesterday’s technology) based clouds, all alongisde being able to deliver better, more cost effective cloud solutions. Combined with easy incremental growth and expandability is no ceiling or limitation as to how big one can grow. No deployment, setup or integration required; everything is taken care of, with support included.
About Superb Internet
Superb Internet Corp is an enterprise-grade global cloud and web hosting services provider, distinguished by ISO 27001, ISO 9001 and SSAE-16 compliance, as well as impeccable performance and uptime reliability that businesses need. As a cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider with data centers and an IP backbone coast-to-coast, Superb Internet Corp is able to provide a comprehensive range of services. Superb delivers the highest levels of secure services, through a vast redundant and diverse platform, and under an industry-leading 100% uptime, low latency and zero packet loss SLA. Superb has been providing a comprehensive array of mission critical Internet presence services to a global client base for 18 years. For more information, please visit: http://www.superb.net.
OnApp provides a complete Infrastructure-as-a-Service platform for hosts, telcos and MSPs, with one fully automated control panel for cloud services, dedicated servers, CDN, storage and more, and an easy way to expand using the world’s largest federated cloud. More than 800 service providers in 87 countries run on OnApp. OnApp launched in July 2010 and has more than 120 staff across the EU, U.S. and Asia-Pacific. For more information visit http://onapp.com.For More Information, Contact:
Curtis R. Curtis
SVP, Sales & Marketing
Superb Internet Corp
+1 (808) 544-0373
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
From the beginning...
- Superb Internet Corporation founded, using exclusively Sun SPARC servers, based out of a Maryland data centre facility
- Superb is first to offer name-based virtual hosting
- In 12 months, the number of Internet host computers goes from 1 million to 10 million
- Average cost for a gallon of gas, $1.22
- Superb is first to offer unlimited site, third-level domain wildcard (*) hosting
- Superb offers PC servers in addition to Sun SPARC servers
- Microsoft buys small stake in Apple Computer for $150,000,000
- Dolly the sheep becomes the first mammal clone
- The ideal American family, 'The Simpsons' becomes the longest-running primetime animated series
- Superb introduces low-cost Cobalt RaQ servers
- Founding charter member, together with other largest and most reputable hosting companies of the day, of the Web Host Guild, an industry best-practices and customer-advocacy organization - the first of its kind in the industry
- Google is founded & launches revolutionary search engine technology
- Windows '98 released
- Apple Computer unveils the iMac computer, in many colors
- Final Seinfeld episode airs in May. Loyal viewers become more aware of good samaritan laws
- Y2K theories create widespread panic, which turns out to be all for nothing. The world still turns, just with a two and three zeros
- Companies spend over $1,000,000,000 in online advertising; spending more online than TV, radio or print budgets
- Superb's first data centre, DCA1 in Georgetown, Washington, DC opened; all operations moved from third party data centre in Maryland to DCA1 in DC
- 24x7x365 phone support introduced
- Major network upgrade to OC-12 SONET ring in the DC-VA-MD metropolitan area
- badinvestment.com - The .com industry crashes
- Millions of people stop trying to set the clock on their VCRs as DVD players become more affordable
- Superb and its CEO awarded in Web Hosting Magazine's Best of 2000 awards in its January, 2001 issue: Most Conscientious Citizen (Haralds Jass) and Best Host for Resellers (Superb Internet)
- Industry's first Virtual Private Server (VPS) service introduced, known as the Superb Power Servers (SPS)
- Superb Internet awarded the Best Host award in Shared category at the reputable Web Hosting Expo, the industry's largest yearly event
- Superb CEO delivers address on customer surveys and customer care at Web Hosting Expo
- They've got worms! The code red (WORM) virus attacks 250,000 websites on Microsoft IIS web server
- Accessible knowledge becomes a collective effort; Wikipedia launches its open-source encyclopedia site, informing millions and mis-informing a few along the way
- Thousands of children skip school to see the first Harry Potter movie
- Apple releases the iPod, changing the music business forever
- Microsoft releases Windows XP, the last properly functioning version of the Windows operating system
- Superb CEO awarded "Man of Action" Award by the Web Hosting Magazine, the industry's largest and most reputable magazine
- According to the Web Host Magazine Superb Internet's determination to rely on a rock solid, long-term business plan and a serious commitment to our customers has helped us to successfully "Survive The Hosting Glut"
- Our second data center(DCA2), was opened in Tyson's Corner, McLean, Virginia
- Low-cost SuperbServers.net launched
- The Mars Odyssey finds signs of water on the planet
- Our coast-to-coast IP backbone born: network extended to Chicago and California
- Launched the new interactive ordering system, where customers can custom-build and order online their Linux, FreeBSD & Windows managed dedicated server - one of the first in the industry
- We are selected as the #1 Shared Web Hosting Provider and the Best Performing Company in the Web Host Directory
- CoveSoft customer base and servers acquired, moved from its Maryland facility to our DCA2 data centre in McLean, VA
- SEA2, our third data centre, in Seattle, WA opened
- DCA1 data centre consolidated into DCA2 data centre
- DCA3, our fourth data centre, in Springfield, VA opened
- In order to accommodate our continued growth and need for top talent, headquarters office moved from Vancouver, BC to Honolulu, HI
- Introduced GridIron, a one-of-a-kind fully redundant and infinitely scalable grid-computing-based shared hosting platform, the result of 100s of man years of development
- Massive access layer Cisco network upgrade performed at all three data centres (all access switches replaced, increasing throughput capacity for customers many fold)
- Network FWSM service, at the distribution layer, introduced at all data centres, thus enabling every customer to easily enable network firewall & DDoS protection service on the fly
- Major core Cisco network upgrade performed, across all data centers and PoPs (all core routers replaced), in order to upgrade each router to 200-320Gb/s throughput capacity
- IPv6 introduced at the Cisco network core layer
- Seattle area (SEA1, SEA2) network capacity upgrade: network capacity increased 10-fold
- Superb Internet corporation named: best dedicated server company
- Superb Internet Dedicated Servers get Unlimited Traffic with Increased RAM
- Hosting Company Cyber Monday: 99% Off Web Hosting
- Dedicated Server Company Releases Largest Black Friday Hosting Deal to Date
- Dedicated Server Company Superb Internet Announces Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale
- Superb Internet Launches Exclusive SEO Hosting Services
- Superb Internet Launching New Xeon E5-2600 Series Servers
- Superb Internet partners with e-online data to deliver a Turnkey Reseller Hosting Solution that is 100% white label
- Seattle area (SEA1, SEA2) network capacity upgrade: network capacity increased 10-fold
- Superb Internet Celebrates 16th Anniversary with Gift Card Promotion
- Superb Internet and OnApp Launch Turn-Key CloudPOD Service
- Superb Internet Offers New IaaS Business Strategy
- Superb Internet Awarded GSA Schedule 70 Contract
- Superb Internet Achieves ISO 27001:2013 & ISO 9001:2008 Certifications
- Superb Internet Corp. awarded as first Cloud Service Provider to sell Cloud Computing Services to all level of government agencies.
- Superb Internet improves their already industry-leading Service Level Agreement (SLA), guaranteeing 100% marks in many aspects.
- Superb Internet launches their 2nd-gen massively-scalable cloud solution, ThunderCloud
- Superb Internet Celebrates 22nd Anniversary