HONOLULU, HI – Sept 16, 2015
Superb Internet Corp awarded as first Cloud Service Provider to sell Cloud Computing Services to all level of government agencies.
Superb Internet Corp, the global leading IaaS cloud hosting provider, established in 1996, announced that it was recently awarded and invited by the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA), the procurement arm of the Federal government, to sell pre-authorized SIN 132-40, Cloud Computing Services, to all levels of government agencies.
HONOLULU, HI – September 16, 2015 – Staying true to its motto “Ahead of the Rest”®, Superb Internet, once again, leads the cloud hosting industry, this time by being the first, and at this time only, pre-authorized Cloud Service Provider (CSP) to offer SIN 132-40, Cloud Computing Services, the newest addition to GSA Schedule IT 70. According to Ms. Mary Davie, Assistant Commissioner, FAS Office of Integrated Technology Services (ITS), “We received more than 60 industry responses to our RFI and the feedback we received was overwhelmingly positive. As a result we’ve worked closely with both our industry and government partners to quickly develop and deploy this SIN that will allow for easier and faster access to high-demand cloud solutions. The addition of a cloud SIN on Schedule 70 is another example of how ITS and GSA are innovating to transform the MAS program, drive greater value, and help customers acquire these critical innovative technologies they need to meet their missions.”
This latest addition reduces federal government procurement challenges and speeds up the purchasing process: “Easy to Find, Easy to Buy” on GSA.
Prior to the award, Superb Internet had undergone comprehensive requirements set out by GSA. One such requirement included a comprehensive technical and legal review on Superb Internet’s Cloud Hosting data centers, network, systems deployment and infrastructure were conducted by the U.S. Federal Government ensuring Superb Internet Corp not only has the resources to handle large government contracts, but also that the business model is built upon a sound, solid financial and quality control foundations, and that security is always paramount. The recognition of award status defines the vested confidence from the U.S. Federal Government towards Superb Internet’s capacity and quality.
“We are proud to be, for nearly two decades, a leader and innovator in the industry, setting many industry firsts where others are bound to follow us. For example, we were the first to introduce Virtual Private Servers, the predecessor to cloud hosting, back in 1999. Today, we are pleased to be the first Cloud Service Provider (CSP) to be pre-authorized by GSA to offer SIN 132-40, Cloud Computing Services, to all Federal, 50 States and local government agencies. Furthermore, we have a long history of helping international organizations, such as the United Nations, and various national and local government agencies, host their mission-critical data at our ISO 9001:2008, ISO 27001:2013 and SSAE-16 SOC-1 Type II certified and audited data centers, covering both coasts of the US. We are likewise proud of our 100% uptime, low latency, coast-to-coast IP backbone and unsurpassed performance, modern distributed storage technology based, cloud hosting platform. We take strong pride in applying the highest levels of security measures to preserve our clients’ data integrity, confidentially and availability. By being the first CSP in offering SIN 132-40, we enable Federal, State, and local agencies’ to drastically shorten the procurement lifecycle and to better focus on customizing the right type of cloud environment – public, private or built-to-suit hybrid - to host mission critical data,” said Haralds Jass, President and CEO of Superb Internet Corp.
Over the past 19 years, Superb Internet Corp has continually pushed the envelope of innovation by designing and building its world-renowned hosting products and services for a global marketplace, including a number of industry firsts, thus staying true to its motto: “Ahead of the Rest”®. Superb Internet’s GSA IT Schedule 70 contract has a five-year period of performance with three additional five-year options. This latest accomplishment has further confirmed that the entire organization is fully committed to serve the U.S. Federal Government’s cloud hosting, dedicated hosting, colocation and IP transit needs under its highest standards of security and quality control.
About Superb Internet
Superb Internet Corp is an enterprise-grade global cloud and web hosting services provider, distinguished by ISO 27001:2013, ISO 9001:2008 certifications and SSAE-16 compliance, as well as the impeccable performance and uptime reliability that businesses need. As a cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider with data centers and an IP backbone coast-to-coast, Superb Internet Corp is able to provide a comprehensive range of services. Superb delivers the highest levels of secure services, through a vast redundant and diverse platform, and under an industry-leading 100% uptime, low latency and zero packet loss SLA. Superb has been providing a comprehensive array of mission critical Internet presence services to a global client base for 19 years. For more information, please visit: http://www.superb.net.For More Information Contact:
Chief Governance Officer
Superb Internet Corp
+1 (808) 544-0311
From the beginning...
- Superb Internet Corporation founded, using exclusively Sun SPARC servers, based out of a Maryland data centre facility
- Superb is first to offer name-based virtual hosting
- In 12 months, the number of Internet host computers goes from 1 million to 10 million
- Average cost for a gallon of gas, $1.22
- Superb is first to offer unlimited site, third-level domain wildcard (*) hosting
- Superb offers PC servers in addition to Sun SPARC servers
- Microsoft buys small stake in Apple Computer for $150,000,000
- Dolly the sheep becomes the first mammal clone
- The ideal American family, 'The Simpsons' becomes the longest-running primetime animated series
- Superb introduces low-cost Cobalt RaQ servers
- Founding charter member, together with other largest and most reputable hosting companies of the day, of the Web Host Guild, an industry best-practices and customer-advocacy organization - the first of its kind in the industry
- Google is founded & launches revolutionary search engine technology
- Windows '98 released
- Apple Computer unveils the iMac computer, in many colors
- Final Seinfeld episode airs in May. Loyal viewers become more aware of good samaritan laws
- Y2K theories create widespread panic, which turns out to be all for nothing. The world still turns, just with a two and three zeros
- Companies spend over $1,000,000,000 in online advertising; spending more online than TV, radio or print budgets
- Superb's first data centre, DCA1 in Georgetown, Washington, DC opened; all operations moved from third party data centre in Maryland to DCA1 in DC
- 24x7x365 phone support introduced
- Major network upgrade to OC-12 SONET ring in the DC-VA-MD metropolitan area
- badinvestment.com - The .com industry crashes
- Millions of people stop trying to set the clock on their VCRs as DVD players become more affordable
- Superb and its CEO awarded in Web Hosting Magazine's Best of 2000 awards in its January, 2001 issue: Most Conscientious Citizen (Haralds Jass) and Best Host for Resellers (Superb Internet)
- Industry's first Virtual Private Server (VPS) service introduced, known as the Superb Power Servers (SPS)
- Superb Internet awarded the Best Host award in Shared category at the reputable Web Hosting Expo, the industry's largest yearly event
- Superb CEO delivers address on customer surveys and customer care at Web Hosting Expo
- They've got worms! The code red (WORM) virus attacks 250,000 websites on Microsoft IIS web server
- Accessible knowledge becomes a collective effort; Wikipedia launches its open-source encyclopedia site, informing millions and mis-informing a few along the way
- Thousands of children skip school to see the first Harry Potter movie
- Apple releases the iPod, changing the music business forever
- Microsoft releases Windows XP, the last properly functioning version of the Windows operating system
- Superb CEO awarded "Man of Action" Award by the Web Hosting Magazine, the industry's largest and most reputable magazine
- According to the Web Host Magazine Superb Internet's determination to rely on a rock solid, long-term business plan and a serious commitment to our customers has helped us to successfully "Survive The Hosting Glut"
- Our second data center(DCA2), was opened in Tyson's Corner, McLean, Virginia
- Low-cost SuperbServers.net launched
- The Mars Odyssey finds signs of water on the planet
- Our coast-to-coast IP backbone born: network extended to Chicago and California
- Launched the new interactive ordering system, where customers can custom-build and order online their Linux, FreeBSD & Windows managed dedicated server - one of the first in the industry
- We are selected as the #1 Shared Web Hosting Provider and the Best Performing Company in the Web Host Directory
- CoveSoft customer base and servers acquired, moved from its Maryland facility to our DCA2 data centre in McLean, VA
- SEA2, our third data centre, in Seattle, WA opened
- DCA1 data centre consolidated into DCA2 data centre
- DCA3, our fourth data centre, in Springfield, VA opened
- In order to accommodate our continued growth and need for top talent, headquarters office moved from Vancouver, BC to Honolulu, HI
- Introduced GridIron, a one-of-a-kind fully redundant and infinitely scalable grid-computing-based shared hosting platform, the result of 100s of man years of development
- Massive access layer Cisco network upgrade performed at all three data centres (all access switches replaced, increasing throughput capacity for customers many fold)
- Network FWSM service, at the distribution layer, introduced at all data centres, thus enabling every customer to easily enable network firewall & DDoS protection service on the fly
- Major core Cisco network upgrade performed, across all data centers and PoPs (all core routers replaced), in order to upgrade each router to 200-320Gb/s throughput capacity
- IPv6 introduced at the Cisco network core layer
- Seattle area (SEA1, SEA2) network capacity upgrade: network capacity increased 10-fold
- Superb Internet corporation named: best dedicated server company
- Superb Internet Dedicated Servers get Unlimited Traffic with Increased RAM
- Hosting Company Cyber Monday: 99% Off Web Hosting
- Dedicated Server Company Releases Largest Black Friday Hosting Deal to Date
- Dedicated Server Company Superb Internet Announces Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale
- Superb Internet Launches Exclusive SEO Hosting Services
- Superb Internet Launching New Xeon E5-2600 Series Servers
- Superb Internet partners with e-online data to deliver a Turnkey Reseller Hosting Solution that is 100% white label
- Seattle area (SEA1, SEA2) network capacity upgrade: network capacity increased 10-fold
- Superb Internet Celebrates 16th Anniversary with Gift Card Promotion
- Superb Internet and OnApp Launch Turn-Key CloudPOD Service
- Superb Internet Offers New IaaS Business Strategy
- Superb Internet Awarded GSA Schedule 70 Contract
- Superb Internet Achieves ISO 27001:2013 & ISO 9001:2008 Certifications
- Superb Internet Corp. awarded as first Cloud Service Provider to sell Cloud Computing Services to all level of government agencies.
- Superb Internet improves their already industry-leading Service Level Agreement (SLA), guaranteeing 100% marks in many aspects.
- Superb Internet launches their 2nd-gen massively-scalable cloud solution, ThunderCloud
- Superb Internet Celebrates 22nd Anniversary