Is Your Web Hosting Service Holding You Back?
The massive amount of money being poured into Internet business has pushing development faster than anyone could ever have expected. Firms that can spend millions to develop their site and servers raise the bar for all of us.
The simple web sites that worked just fine 18 months ago seem like dinosaurs today. Now customers expect eye-catching design, targeted content, interactivity, multi-media presentations, even instant customization.
If your web hosting company doesn't offer key features and reliability, your site will have "yesterday's news" written all over it. Here are four developments you should look for when upgrading to a better host.
- Insist on first rate technical support. The days of making customers wait days or
even weeks for their site to come back up are long gone. If your hosting company
doesn't answer your email or phone call within a few hours, it is time to look for
a service that does. You should expect a guarantee: if you don't get tech answers
within a specified time, your service should be free.
- While you're at it, make sure your new host has the technological upgrades that
prevent down time. We've found servers have far better reliability and speed when
in a climate-controlled environment with back-up power and fire-suppression systems,
bandwidth-on-demand connections, and server drives with an excellent track record.
In order to have the fastest site possible, find a Web Host with "OnNet" connections,
which means their Data Center is directly on an Internet backbone instead of
connecting to it from miles away.
- Make sure your host allows audio and video streaming along with popular Shockwave support.
Now that AOL has embraced the Real Audio format, we can expect millions more to jump on
the multimedia bandwagon. If your site only offers static text, visitors will see you as
two steps behind the times. Plus, you will be missing out on the 50% increase in sales
that audio and videoimmediately bring.
- Our host should give you complete control in administering your website and make it easy for you to do that. Instead of requiring Telnet and programming knowledge, they should have a user friendly interface for things such as setting up mailboxes, adding automated newsletters, adding Front Page extensions, setting up shopping carts, using Web Forms, viewing your statistics, and other important functions. An easy web-based interface will save you time and frustration because you can do all these things yourself instead of relying on a programmer or waiting for your host's support staff to get around to it.
Take a long look at not only what you need to have now, but what your Internet operation will need in the months to come as you succeed and expand. Plan for additional pop accounts, email aliases, domains, and more. Above all, make sure your hosting service is HELPING you get your site to the next level.
From the beginning...
- Superb Internet Awarded GSA Schedule 70 Contract
- Superb Internet Achieves ISO 27001:2013 Certifications
- Superb Internet Corp. awarded as first Cloud Service Provider to sell Cloud Computing Services to all level of government agencies.
- Superb Internet improves their already industry-leading Service Level Agreement (SLA), guaranteeing 100% marks in many aspects.
- Superb Internet launches their 2nd-gen massively-scalable cloud solution, ThunderCloud
- Superb Internet Celebrates 22nd Anniversary
- Superb Internet becomes a CherryRoad company