Web Host Superb Internet Corp Opens New Corporate Headquarters in Honolulu, Hawaii and Brings in new Senior Management Members
December 13, 2008 – (HOSTSEARCH.COM)
Web host Superb Internet Corp has opened new corporate headquarters in Honolulu, Hawaii and brought in new Senior Management members, it was reported recently. The company, which bills itself as "one of the oldest and most reputable web hosting companies in the world", is moving into the First Hawaiian Bank Tower, in "the heart of Honolulu's financial district".
According to the company, the move is central to its strategy of "attracting and retaining key talent". As a result of the move, the company has already managed to fill "multiple key senior management positions with extremely experienced and talented individuals".
"We are pleased that in an era of economic uncertainty we are in a position of continued strong growth, remain profitable and are (as we always have been) 100% debt free," explained Superb Internet's President and CEO, Mr. Haralds Jass. "We are very pleased to offer our valued employees an alternative to the normal benefits associated with corporate life. The health and well-being of our employees is very important to us, and we are confident that the move to Honolulu will have a significant effect on productivity, innovation and team cohesiveness – and will also accordingly result in an even higher level of service for our customers. We are very encouraged by the caliber of the senior level executives that have decided to join us in the Aloha State".
The staff joining Superb Internet includes Dale Bunten who becomes Director of Marketing. Mr. Bunten has 8 years of sales and marketing experience in the web hosting industry. He has worked in senior level positions for NetNation Communications, Hostway Corporation, and Reliant Web Hosting (Canada Web Hosting). Mr. Bunten will lead the global marketing communications efforts and support the move into more advanced hosting services.
In addition, Mr. George Allen joins the company as Director of Sales and Director of Professional Services. Mr. Allen offers "a wealth of knowledge and experience, stemming from decades of programming, sales, marketing, and management experience in successful high technology companies". His previous roles have included VP of Sales and VP of Marketing and he will be in charge of creating a "world-class sales organization, and a strong and comprehensive professional services division".
Brian Alexander joins Superb Internet as Director of Systems Engineering. With over a decade of experience from building, directing and managing large-scale global properties for Dell.com, to managing the largest public grid computing project on the Internet, Mr. Alexander will be a key asset for designing and implementing advanced hosting solutions for enterprise level customers, as well as building and maintaining Superb's state-of-the-art hosting infrastructure.
Matthew Putegnant joins as Director of Development and brings with him 20 years of advanced software development leadership & management experience, delivering enterprise solutions for small engineering firms and large telecoms alike. Mr. Putegnant is responsible for all phases of the software development activity, including business process modeling, requirements, analysis and design, implementation, testing, configuration and change management, and deployment. His initial mandate is to more than double the size and capacity of the current development team.
Patrick Ahler becomes Director of Business Development and Operations Manager (Hawaii). He offers 12 years of advanced technical experience primarily in the field of systems administration and web technologies. Combined with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and business mind, Patrick has led numerous successful Internet businesses and understands what it takes to succeed.
As the company's new Director of Human Resources Jason Wong offers a wide scope of experience spanning the real estate, finance, banking, computing, and human resource sectors. His mandate is to recruit, hire, and retain quality personnel to support the company's rapid growth, on a global scale at all of Superb's locations, covering staff in five US states and in Canada.
R Curtis, the company's current VP of Sales and Marketing, announced his resignation effective Dec 30th, 2008 recently. "We wish Curtis well in his future endeavors, and thank him for his dedication and customer focus," explained Mr. Jass.
With headquarters in Honolulu, Hawaii, Superb Internet Corp was established in 1996 Superb Internet and offers a complete range of managed web hosting services, "from virtual hosting through to high-volume, mission-critical dedicated service solutions". The company serves a global customer base in "over 150 countries worldwide" and has operations in McLean, Virginia, USA and Seattle, Washington.
From the beginning...
- Superb Internet Corporation founded, using exclusively Sun SPARC servers, based out of a Maryland data centre facility
- Superb is first to offer name-based virtual hosting
- In 12 months, the number of Internet host computers goes from 1 million to 10 million
- Average cost for a gallon of gas, $1.22
- Superb is first to offer unlimited site, third-level domain wildcard (*) hosting
- Superb offers PC servers in addition to Sun SPARC servers
- Microsoft buys small stake in Apple Computer for $150,000,000
- Dolly the sheep becomes the first mammal clone
- The ideal American family, 'The Simpsons' becomes the longest-running primetime animated series
- Superb introduces low-cost Cobalt RaQ servers
- Founding charter member, together with other largest and most reputable hosting companies of the day, of the Web Host Guild, an industry best-practices and customer-advocacy organization - the first of its kind in the industry
- Google is founded & launches revolutionary search engine technology
- Windows '98 released
- Apple Computer unveils the iMac computer, in many colors
- Final Seinfeld episode airs in May. Loyal viewers become more aware of good samaritan laws
- Y2K theories create widespread panic, which turns out to be all for nothing. The world still turns, just with a two and three zeros
- Companies spend over $1,000,000,000 in online advertising; spending more online than TV, radio or print budgets
- Superb's first data centre, DCA1 in Georgetown, Washington, DC opened; all operations moved from third party data centre in Maryland to DCA1 in DC
- 24x7x365 phone support introduced
- Major network upgrade to OC-12 SONET ring in the DC-VA-MD metropolitan area
- badinvestment.com - The .com industry crashes
- Millions of people stop trying to set the clock on their VCRs as DVD players become more affordable
- Superb and its CEO awarded in Web Hosting Magazine's Best of 2000 awards in its January, 2001 issue: Most Conscientious Citizen (Haralds Jass) and Best Host for Resellers (Superb Internet)
- Industry's first Virtual Private Server (VPS) service introduced, known as the Superb Power Servers (SPS)
- Superb Internet awarded the Best Host award in Shared category at the reputable Web Hosting Expo, the industry's largest yearly event
- Superb CEO delivers address on customer surveys and customer care at Web Hosting Expo
- They've got worms! The code red (WORM) virus attacks 250,000 websites on Microsoft IIS web server
- Accessible knowledge becomes a collective effort; Wikipedia launches its open-source encyclopedia site, informing millions and mis-informing a few along the way
- Thousands of children skip school to see the first Harry Potter movie
- Apple releases the iPod, changing the music business forever
- Microsoft releases Windows XP, the last properly functioning version of the Windows operating system
- Superb CEO awarded "Man of Action" Award by the Web Hosting Magazine, the industry's largest and most reputable magazine
- According to the Web Host Magazine Superb Internet's determination to rely on a rock solid, long-term business plan and a serious commitment to our customers has helped us to successfully "Survive The Hosting Glut"
- Our second data center(DCA2), was opened in Tyson's Corner, McLean, Virginia
- Low-cost SuperbServers.net launched
- The Mars Odyssey finds signs of water on the planet
- Our coast-to-coast IP backbone born: network extended to Chicago and California
- Launched the new interactive ordering system, where customers can custom-build and order online their Linux, FreeBSD & Windows managed dedicated server - one of the first in the industry
- We are selected as the #1 Shared Web Hosting Provider and the Best Performing Company in the Web Host Directory
- CoveSoft customer base and servers acquired, moved from its Maryland facility to our DCA2 data centre in McLean, VA
- SEA2, our third data centre, in Seattle, WA opened
- DCA1 data centre consolidated into DCA2 data centre
- DCA3, our fourth data centre, in Springfield, VA opened
- In order to accommodate our continued growth and need for top talent, headquarters office moved from Vancouver, BC to Honolulu, HI
- Introduced GridIron, a one-of-a-kind fully redundant and infinitely scalable grid-computing-based shared hosting platform, the result of 100s of man years of development
- Massive access layer Cisco network upgrade performed at all three data centres (all access switches replaced, increasing throughput capacity for customers many fold)
- Network FWSM service, at the distribution layer, introduced at all data centres, thus enabling every customer to easily enable network firewall & DDoS protection service on the fly
- Major core Cisco network upgrade performed, across all data centers and PoPs (all core routers replaced), in order to upgrade each router to 200-320Gb/s throughput capacity
- IPv6 introduced at the Cisco network core layer
- Seattle area (SEA1, SEA2) network capacity upgrade: network capacity increased 10-fold
- Superb Internet corporation named: best dedicated server company
- Superb Internet Dedicated Servers get Unlimited Traffic with Increased RAM
- Hosting Company Cyber Monday: 99% Off Web Hosting
- Dedicated Server Company Releases Largest Black Friday Hosting Deal to Date
- Dedicated Server Company Superb Internet Announces Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale
- Superb Internet Launches Exclusive SEO Hosting Services
- Superb Internet Launching New Xeon E5-2600 Series Servers
- Superb Internet partners with e-online data to deliver a Turnkey Reseller Hosting Solution that is 100% white label
- Seattle area (SEA1, SEA2) network capacity upgrade: network capacity increased 10-fold
- Superb Internet Celebrates 16th Anniversary with Gift Card Promotion
- Superb Internet and OnApp Launch Turn-Key CloudPOD Service
- Superb Internet Offers New IaaS Business Strategy
- Superb Internet Awarded GSA Schedule 70 Contract
- Superb Internet Achieves ISO 27001:2013 & ISO 9001:2008 Certifications
- Superb Internet Corp. awarded as first Cloud Service Provider to sell Cloud Computing Services to all level of government agencies.
- Superb Internet improves their already industry-leading Service Level Agreement (SLA), guaranteeing 100% marks in many aspects.
- Superb Internet launches their 2nd-gen massively-scalable cloud solution, ThunderCloud
- Superb Internet Celebrates 22nd Anniversary