FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: JUNE 11, 2018 Media Contact: Quincy Solano Marketing Manager Superb Internet Corp email@example.com 808-544-0308 direct
Superb Internet Celebrates 22nd Anniversary
The world’s oldest Cloud Host gives every 22nd order 22 years of free service
(McLean, VA / Seattle, WA / Honolulu, HI) — Superb Internet, the world’s original and first cloud host, embarks on a 2 month long celebration its 22nd anniversary.
Superb Internet Corp, an enterprise-grade global cloud, dedicated and web hosting service provider, was founded in July of 1996. Superb started with a focus on web hosting, including being the first to offer name-based hosting back in 1997, alongside greater emphasis placed on dedicated servers in 1998. In late 1999, Superb Internet was the first to offer commercial Virtual Private Server (VPS) service – virtualization that is the direct predecessor to today’s cloud, making Superb the world’s first cloud host. Superb was a decade ahead of its time; the term cloud computing was not even coined until 2007, and cloud hosting followed a few years later. In the years since, Superb has continued to lead the industry, building the first hosting company operated coast-to-coast IP backbone in 2004, three of its own data centers over 2000-2009, its one-of-a-kind dedicated resource, guaranteed performance, supercomputing networking and distributed storage based, modern cloud platform in 2013, further updated to the second generation ThunderCloud in 2017, and more.
Superb Internet invites customers – both existing and new – to join its 22nd anniversary celebration. Every order placed between June 11, 2018 and August 22, 2018 will be automatically entered in a 1-in-22 chance of receiving 22 years of free service. Every 22nd order placed during these two months will receive 22 years of completely free service.
There are no limitations and no order too big or too small. There is also no limit to how many customers will receive 22 years of free service: every 22nd order will be awarded 22 years of completely free service. For example, 22nd, 44th, and even up to 2200th, 2222nd order, and so on will be eligible. Furthermore, the lucky recipients of 22 years of free service will be able to change their service as needed over time. The monthly credited amount of the winning order is usable throughout the next 22 years – that is, 264 months – towards any and all Superb Internet provided services.
To put this in perspective, a $100/month account could receive $26,400 of free service over the next 22 years; a larger $4000/month account has a 1 in 22 chance to receive more than $1 Million ($1,056,000, to be precise) of free service over the next 22 years. The odds of winning big are 1:22 and there is absolutely nothing to lose (no lottery ticket to purchase).For more details on the celebration, please visit https://www.superb.net/celebrating-22
Superb, and all of its highly talented and diverse staff, look forward to another great 22 years, and are proud to continue to serve as a bellwether of the industry – charting the path for the industry and always staying “Ahead of the Rest”®, while providing its global customer base total peace of mind and absolute reliability.
About Superb Internet CorpSuperb Internet Corp is distinguished by the globally recognized ISO 27001:2013 (Security Management) & ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management) certifications and SSAE-16 audits & compliance, as well as the relentless performance and absolute 100% uptime reliability that businesses need.
As a cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider with data centers across the U.S. and a coast-to-coast IP backbone, Superb Internet is able to provide a comprehensive range of services, from domain registration and web-site hosting, through colocation, IP transit, dedicated servers, and up to practically infinitely scalable, highly flexible cloud hosting. Superb delivers the highest levels of secure & compliant hosting services, under an industry-leading 100% uptime, 5 minute support response time, low latency and zero packet loss Service Level Agreement (SLA), guaranteeing every aspect of the service experience.
Since 1996, Superb Internet has continually pushed the envelope of innovation by designing and building its world-renowned mission critical hosting services for a global marketplace, including a number of industry firsts. For more information, please visit https://www.superb.net/.
From the beginning...
- Superb Internet Corporation founded, using exclusively Sun SPARC servers, based out of a Maryland data centre facility
- Superb is first to offer name-based virtual hosting
- In 12 months, the number of Internet host computers goes from 1 million to 10 million
- Average cost for a gallon of gas, $1.22
- Superb is first to offer unlimited site, third-level domain wildcard (*) hosting
- Superb offers PC servers in addition to Sun SPARC servers
- Microsoft buys small stake in Apple Computer for $150,000,000
- Dolly the sheep becomes the first mammal clone
- The ideal American family, 'The Simpsons' becomes the longest-running primetime animated series
- Superb introduces low-cost Cobalt RaQ servers
- Founding charter member, together with other largest and most reputable hosting companies of the day, of the Web Host Guild, an industry best-practices and customer-advocacy organization - the first of its kind in the industry
- Google is founded & launches revolutionary search engine technology
- Windows '98 released
- Apple Computer unveils the iMac computer, in many colors
- Final Seinfeld episode airs in May. Loyal viewers become more aware of good samaritan laws
- Y2K theories create widespread panic, which turns out to be all for nothing. The world still turns, just with a two and three zeros
- Companies spend over $1,000,000,000 in online advertising; spending more online than TV, radio or print budgets
- Superb's first data centre, DCA1 in Georgetown, Washington, DC opened; all operations moved from third party data centre in Maryland to DCA1 in DC
- 24x7x365 phone support introduced
- Major network upgrade to OC-12 SONET ring in the DC-VA-MD metropolitan area
- badinvestment.com - The .com industry crashes
- Millions of people stop trying to set the clock on their VCRs as DVD players become more affordable
- Superb and its CEO awarded in Web Hosting Magazine's Best of 2000 awards in its January, 2001 issue: Most Conscientious Citizen (Haralds Jass) and Best Host for Resellers (Superb Internet)
- Industry's first Virtual Private Server (VPS) service introduced, known as the Superb Power Servers (SPS)
- Superb Internet awarded the Best Host award in Shared category at the reputable Web Hosting Expo, the industry's largest yearly event
- Superb CEO delivers address on customer surveys and customer care at Web Hosting Expo
- They've got worms! The code red (WORM) virus attacks 250,000 websites on Microsoft IIS web server
- Accessible knowledge becomes a collective effort; Wikipedia launches its open-source encyclopedia site, informing millions and mis-informing a few along the way
- Thousands of children skip school to see the first Harry Potter movie
- Apple releases the iPod, changing the music business forever
- Microsoft releases Windows XP, the last properly functioning version of the Windows operating system
- Superb CEO awarded "Man of Action" Award by the Web Hosting Magazine, the industry's largest and most reputable magazine
- According to the Web Host Magazine Superb Internet's determination to rely on a rock solid, long-term business plan and a serious commitment to our customers has helped us to successfully "Survive The Hosting Glut"
- Our second data center(DCA2), was opened in Tyson's Corner, McLean, Virginia
- Low-cost SuperbServers.net launched
- The Mars Odyssey finds signs of water on the planet
- Our coast-to-coast IP backbone born: network extended to Chicago and California
- Launched the new interactive ordering system, where customers can custom-build and order online their Linux, FreeBSD & Windows managed dedicated server - one of the first in the industry
- We are selected as the #1 Shared Web Hosting Provider and the Best Performing Company in the Web Host Directory
- CoveSoft customer base and servers acquired, moved from its Maryland facility to our DCA2 data centre in McLean, VA
- SEA2, our third data centre, in Seattle, WA opened
- DCA1 data centre consolidated into DCA2 data centre
- DCA3, our fourth data centre, in Springfield, VA opened
- In order to accommodate our continued growth and need for top talent, headquarters office moved from Vancouver, BC to Honolulu, HI
- Introduced GridIron, a one-of-a-kind fully redundant and infinitely scalable grid-computing-based shared hosting platform, the result of 100s of man years of development
- Massive access layer Cisco network upgrade performed at all three data centres (all access switches replaced, increasing throughput capacity for customers many fold)
- Network FWSM service, at the distribution layer, introduced at all data centres, thus enabling every customer to easily enable network firewall & DDoS protection service on the fly
- Major core Cisco network upgrade performed, across all data centers and PoPs (all core routers replaced), in order to upgrade each router to 200-320Gb/s throughput capacity
- IPv6 introduced at the Cisco network core layer
- Seattle area (SEA1, SEA2) network capacity upgrade: network capacity increased 10-fold
- Superb Internet corporation named: best dedicated server company
- Superb Internet Dedicated Servers get Unlimited Traffic with Increased RAM
- Hosting Company Cyber Monday: 99% Off Web Hosting
- Dedicated Server Company Releases Largest Black Friday Hosting Deal to Date
- Dedicated Server Company Superb Internet Announces Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale
- Superb Internet Launches Exclusive SEO Hosting Services
- Superb Internet Launching New Xeon E5-2600 Series Servers
- Superb Internet partners with e-online data to deliver a Turnkey Reseller Hosting Solution that is 100% white label
- Seattle area (SEA1, SEA2) network capacity upgrade: network capacity increased 10-fold
- Superb Internet Celebrates 16th Anniversary with Gift Card Promotion
- Superb Internet and OnApp Launch Turn-Key CloudPOD Service
- Superb Internet Offers New IaaS Business Strategy
- Superb Internet Awarded GSA Schedule 70 Contract
- Superb Internet Achieves ISO 27001:2013 & ISO 9001:2008 Certifications
- Superb Internet Corp. awarded as first Cloud Service Provider to sell Cloud Computing Services to all level of government agencies.
- Superb Internet improves their already industry-leading Service Level Agreement (SLA), guaranteeing 100% marks in many aspects.
- Superb Internet launches their 2nd-gen massively-scalable cloud solution, ThunderCloud
- Superb Internet Celebrates 22nd Anniversary