« Back to all videos
IIS website setup
How to setup your website with Windows IIS
Transfer Website Files
- You will setup your website using the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager screen, located within the Administrative Services Console.
- To begin the set-up, you need to access your Local (C:) drive. Click the desktop "Computer" icon.
- Within the C: drive, open the "inetpub" folder, and then open the "wwwroot" folder.
- Locate and copy the folder that contains your website files and paste it into the "wwwroot" folder. In this example, our website files are located within the "MyFirstSite" folder.
- Once the files have transferred, close the C: drive window to return to the IIS Manager.
- To connect your website to the server, click "Sites" beneath the name of your server in the left pane of the IIS Manager, which will open the "Add Web Site" application.
- On the "Add Web Site" configuration screen, enter the name of your website in the "Site name:" field.
- In the "Content Directory" section, click the browse button beside the "Physical path:" field to locate the website folder you pasted into "wwwroot," select it and click "OK"
- In the "Host name:" field of the "Add Web Site" screen, enter the name of your server. Click "OK."
- You will see your website folder beneath "Sites" in the Administrative Service Console.
- To run your newly created website on the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager screen run "Browse webserver on *:80(http)" by clicking the link in the right panel of the IIS.
comments powered by
Checking operator status...
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Chat or talk now with
one of our professional